Explainer videos are in great demand in the business world. These simply are the videos that are made by an operator and are usually animated, and are being used for marketing of any products or services of the company. Explainer videos in order to be very financial and effective for the purpose of marketing and is definitely the best chosen approach to the same.
Hiring a professional explainer video maker always helps the marketing aspect of a company but this should end up being done after careful examination of what sorts of videos have been previously created by the video clip maker and if the videos actually are good and effectively serving the purpose of marketing. Negative explainer videos do not catch enough attention of the customers resulting in reduced publicity and reduced revenues and these videos become bad because of certain crucial mistakes which should always be taken into account while creating an explainer video. Therefore, to avoid such problems, here are 9 rules that should be taken into account while creating an explainer video:
- Software: The most important aspect in an explainer video is the script of the video. Script should be written by a person who understand the elements of storytelling and has the ability to visualize a tale movement. This is best done by professional.
- Voice Over: The voice cover of the video is important. A fluent voice with appropriate intonations is always preferred as it creates a great impact on the viewers and can greatly assist in the marketing process.
- Research: Always complete research should be done about the service to be marketed. This is because this research may help incorporate useful things in the video. Also, if a similar service exists in the market, finding complete information about it helps find its imperfections and display why the respective service is better than the existing one.
- Audience: The research done should always be used to make the explainer video better to serve the right audience. It isn’t necessary to please everyone because it often arises the situation of “neither here, nor there”. So putting first the right audience is important.
- Duration: Time limit of the explainer video is not something to be caught up with. Although it is deservingly said that shorter is always better, if the video clip is not able to incorporate all useful information, duration of the video is bound to increase and an appropriate video can be created.
- Placement: Correct positioning of the video is important. Common mistake created by the companies is that they place the video on the ‘About Us’ webpage rather than their house page. The video should just catch the eye of the viewer as soon as the website is opened and hence it is advised to position the video on the home page.
- Planning: Proper planning of the video. Elements like positioning of the video, content of the video, budget of the video, right viewers of the video and so on, should be considered and given enough thinking before launching the video.
- Testing: Effective testing of the video clip. The video should be tested properly i. e. music separately and video separately before it is released. If it noises and looks efficient, only it should be considered to be released.
As a result, as ridiculous as they seem, these rules should definitely be given enough consideration when an explainer video will be made because any type of deficiency in a video can pose major effect on the marketing of the service of the company.