Everyone and their mother is talking about explainer videos and achieving one.
We certainly will not say that they are wrong to do so because after all it is our business to generate explainer videos and there certainly are many valid causes of getting one! However, we acknowledge the fact that there are some businesses and organizations for which an explainer video is probably not the right approach to using video content as part of their communication.
Even though they are much less talked and hyped about, there are many types of videos which will enhance and add to how you socialize with and engage your audience. Let’s take a look at a few of these in more detail:
– Occasion Recap Videos are an extremely popular means of providing memories whilst discreetly marketing your product or business. Consider festival or concert after-movies for example, they help creating long-lasting relationships with your audience and contribute to turning them into fans, that will pre-buy tickets to the next event the moment you make them available online. Within the same way you can use this on a smaller scale for your organization’s events.
– With increased numbers of individuals working remotely and globally distributed teams, we are seeing many organizations benefiting greatly from the employment of internal videos. These come in many sizes and shapes:
- From the more common training videos used to allow people within your company to acquire skills cost-effectively, remotely and/or in their own time;
2 . To the team leader of remote workers, who desires to produce a more personal way of engaging his or her team via video updates and video clip briefings;
- To induction videos for staff that help provide a 21st-century-worthy here you are at new team members and also help with presenting your company culture to them and their families and friends; ‘
- And newsletter videos, which thanks to their characteristics undoubtedly get watched way more than text-based, inner newsletters get read.
– Another form of online videos gaining more and more traction in recent years are recruiting videos (and video resumes, on that note). Attracting the best human talent to your company is probably one of the key elements for your business to be successful, so what better way to market to this stakeholder group using the most easily digestible and at the same time most engaging form of content – video.
– Last but not least, our clients are having great success with teaser video campaigns. We reside in a day and age group where people are overloaded with inputs, so a 10-30 seconds teaser video clip to spark someone’s interest can be more effective sometimes than a more detailed and lengthy presentation. As they say, less is more sometimes.
In addition to this is merely a short set of some of the kinds of videos we have already been seeing recently. We’d like to explore along with you what other varieties of video content could enhance your communications.
We all create what people like to see!